Schools & Nurseries
As well as providing private sessions, Tennis Tots™ is delighted to provide classes in many primary schools or nurseries either during curriculum or as part of a lunchtime or after-school club.
Our schools programme is aimed at Children in Foundation stage, Reception and Year 1 of school and incorporates many elements from the Early Years and National curriculum.
You don’t need tennis courts at your school to play – it can be played in school halls, playgrounds or sports halls and a range of adapted equipment will be provided to make sure the children are given a fantastic first experience of tennis. All you need to provide is a room big enough for 8-20 children to move around safely and we’ll take care of the rest by providing a range of specifically adapted equipment to stimulate this age group.
Benefits of school links with Tennis Tots™
Developing a link with your local Tennis Tots™ provider brings many benefits to schools, including:
- Increased opportunities for your pupils
- Raise the school’s profile in the community
- Access expert coaches to work with teachers and inspire pupils
- Healthier and more physically active pupils – improving behaviour and standards across the school
- Assist in achieving targets, standards and recognition
The aim of Tennis Tots™ is to encourage learning and development through a fun and structured programme. Incorporating many of the early years learning goals, the Tennis Tots™ curriculum provides a unique experience for children to develop physically, socially and emotionally and helps provide an environment to get children ready for a classroom setting and indeed serves the children well into their school years and beyond. Using a structured approach to each session children learn to listen to instructions whilst having fun and learning about numbers, colours, shapes and letters as well as developing their tennis skills of course.
- Develops confidence
- Improves hand eye coordination
- Develops colour recognition, numeracy and literacy
- Improves social skills
- Develops gross and fine motor skills
- Raise the nursery’s profile in the community
To register your interest in a free taster session or to find out more about our schools and nursery programmes, please contact Caroline on 07930 452711 or email email@example.com